Saturday 26 September 2009

Day 4 in the jungle ... well not quite.

So its Saturday now and haven't really done much since I last put an update up other than gather mozzie bites that are well into double figures and are swelling really attractively. I did meet some lovely people at the Princess Tui Hotel that I was staying at but unfortunately it was their last night so we had a few beers and dinner at a lovely restaurant called Paddles on Thursday night ... proper potatoes and not chips yummy, yes folks I am at that stage where I am appreciating the simple things as lunch seems to be consisting of kraft cheese slices and squishy tomatoes on stale bread in an attempt to keep costs down.

I moved hotels yesterday and am now staying at the Seaside Inn which isn't as pictuesque as it sounds its right opposite the very busy harbour port so lots of trucks thundering past and my room backs on to a restaurant so I have food smells in my room from lunch time onwards and last night was sung to sleep by the resident vocalist doing a rather painful impression of Louis Armstrong which the drunken crowd were loving, not even my ear plugs will stand up to that!!!

I have booked a trip for tomorrow to go to the East Coast and take in some of the beaches up there and it comes back via some of the waterfalls, BBQ lunch included I'm so excited and as nothing much happens on a Sunday here I thought it would be a good idea.

Local beer Vailima is very good (4.9%) and for breakfast yeasterday I had bananas with coconut cream and vanilla which was lovely, I thought it was porridge when it arrived so was a little shocked when I had a spoonful. Also had some breadfruit crisps the other night which were surprisingly nice.

So I am at this hotel until Monday when I am hoping to go to Lalumano on the South East coast for a few days but I found out yesterday that the school holidays are starting in NZ this weekend so everywhere is getting busy so not sure if they'll be able to fit me in but we'll see, once that is established I then have to work out how the hell to get there, my rucksack suddenly seems very heavy ... yes go on laugh your heads off I know you all told me so but you know sometimes you have to learn things the painful way ;-) Lulu there may well be another parcel heading home to you!!

Right off to sort a few things out and then go and camp out at the beach for the rest of the day, met a girl called Amy from NZ down there yesterday who is staying at the Seaside Inn tonight so hopefully catch up with her today.

Uploading pictures is proving to be a bit difficult here but I think I can at the internet cafe in town so will try and get down there again soon with the cables to hook it all up.

Take care and love to you all xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment