Monday 5 October 2009

What Now

Can't believe it has almost been a week since the tsunami hit it doesn't quite feel real.

Anyway lots of you have been asking what my plans are so I thought I would jot down a few lines about what my thoughts are at the mo.

Jeanne and Howard are looking after me wonderfully and if Howard keeps giving me chocolate biscuits I am going to be rolling out of here ;-) and bless them they have said I can use them as a base whilst I am here, again I am so grateful.

Due to the lack of passport I am 'stuck' in New Zealand for the time being so Fiji is off the list as I'm not ready to be back on a small island just yet and also I have nothing to my name other than some underwear, toiletries and a pair of sunglasses (Howard thought these were an essential ... he's keeping my spirits up).

in terms of travelling I'm leaving my Cook Islands flight where it is for the time being as its not until 10th November and quite frankly if the weather doesn't improve here (it was 8 degrees yesterday and its barely stopped raining since I got here, they've even had snow!!!) I will probably be in need of some beach time. I was then due in New Zealand on 10th Dec anyway so will then be here until 3rd Feb when I will be back on my itinerary and will carry on as planned, natural disaster prevailing ;-)

I know some of you had hoped I would come back to the UK for al ittle while but most of you saw the state I was in saying good bye to you all the first time, if i come back to the UK I don't think I'll leave again and it would be a shame to give up on my trip there's still so much to do and see.

Today I'm off to the consulate with Becky (the lady on the news with me) to try and sort out or passports and hopefully get a few other bits of clothing.

But I'm all good and please try not to worry about me, writing the blog of what happened really helped me piece together some of the gaps I had and other than feeling tired quite a lot of the time I am fine and dandy.

Sending you all big hugs and massive amounts of love and thank you so much for all the well wishes and offers of help, some of us who survived the tsunami are starting to think about fund raising for Samoa so if you're still up for helping then once its sorted that is the best way you can help me ... will keep you posted.

Hxxxx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Helen,

    The Positive mental attitude and the strength that we all know you have is shining through so brightly! I think you are doing the best thing to carry on with your plans and live the dream you have had for so long.

    Thinking about you quite often at the moment and hoping that you will get sorted out soon and can continue with exploring.

    Lots of love Sx

    ReplyDelete